This is quick and easy and can be made with left-over turkey or rotisserie
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups turkey or chicken – cooked & shredded
- 1 (4.3 oz) box Long Grain and Wild Rice (Roasted Chicken flavor)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, celery and carrots and saute for 7-8 minutes.
- Add broth, water and shredded turkey. Bring to a boil and add rice (save seasoning packet!). Cover pot and remove from heat.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add the seasoning packet and stir to combine. Slowly add the flour (in 1/4 cup increments) to form a roux and continue to stir.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Whisk in heavy cream and milk, a little at a time, until fully incorporated. Cook and continue to stir until thickened – about 5 minutes.
- Return to broth/rice mixture to the heat and add cream mixture. Cook over medium heat until rice is softened and soup is thickened and heated through, about 10-15 minutes