An amazing marriage of Corn and Thyme makes this a perfect and cozy companion to poultry on a cold Autumn evening.
- 2 cups uncooked corn cut of the cob (from 4 medium cobs)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 T butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1 T fresh thyme leaves
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Puree 1 cup of the uncooked corn in a food processor until smooth.
- In a saucepan, heat the chicken broth to a simmer.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the shallot and sauté until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and sauté, stirring, 3 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup of the chicken broth and the pureed corn and cook, stirring frequently, until the liquid has been absorbed, 5-7 minutes.
- Continue adding the remaining broth, 1 cup at a time, stirring frequently and waiting until the previous addition has been absorbed before adding more.
- After the last cup of broth has been absorbed, let the risotto cook 3 minutes more, stirring.
- Add the remaining corn and thyme leaves and cook 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan and salt and pepper to taste.